Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hp rethink...
05-28-2015, 08:41 AM,
hp rethink...
i think its great to give the missionaries and gypsies a boost.
that being said, no whay in hell should a gypsy/missionary have the same hp as a martial/combat cleric.
missionaries teach stealthy stuff and wear leather. they are frail and sometimes pasty.
clerics are stout, wear plate, have better combat. all they know is casting and healing. they stand in front of the group and take a beating and dish out hp. missionaries stay in back and back stab and cry when they get hit because they have no armor.

now, i am not suggesting you give them the same hp as a paladin like you did warlocks (even though we are on par with warlocks), but better than missionaries and gypsies for sure.

maybe change from 4-8 to 4-9. still less than paly, but more than those sneaky bastages.
05-29-2015, 02:30 AM,
RE: hp rethink...
I'm not quite sure I agree 100% but I see your point. I just woke up but will put this on the maybe list.
05-29-2015, 08:24 PM,
ponder it a bit..smoke a bowl. then ponder some more. =)
06-02-2015, 03:08 AM,
(05-28-2015, 08:41 AM)phalanxx Wrote: i think its great to give the missionaries and gypsies a boost.
that being said, no whay in hell should a gypsy/missionary have the same hp as a martial/combat cleric.
missionaries teach stealthy stuff and wear leather. they are frail and sometimes pasty.
clerics are stout, wear plate, have better combat. all they know is casting and healing. they stand in front of the group and take a beating and dish out hp. missionaries stay in back and back stab and cry when they get hit because they have no armor.

now, i am not suggesting you give them the same hp as a paladin like you did warlocks (even though we are on par with warlocks), but better than missionaries and gypsies for sure.

maybe change from 4-8 to 4-9. still less than paly, but more than those sneaky bastages.

Jaqen's (warlock) hp aren't like a pally's. I'm well below the top dudes and I'm in the same level range....
Kang, 140 health, maxed.
06-17-2015, 01:37 PM,
Gypsies and missionaries aren't really getting the same benefit as clerics from those HP, though.

A Cleric will get hit FAR less often (and less hard) than ANY missionary or gypsy, which means a cleric with 500hp will last longer than a missionary with 500hp and FAR longer than a gypsy with 500hp, due to healing power of clerics and missionaries.

I think the hp are fine as is - we don't see a bunch of badass gypsies and missionaries running around breaking the game due to this, do we?
06-23-2015, 06:37 AM,
(06-17-2015, 01:37 PM)Malaclypse Wrote: Gypsies and missionaries aren't really getting the same benefit as clerics from those HP, though.

A Cleric will get hit FAR less often (and less hard) than ANY missionary or gypsy, which means a cleric with 500hp will last longer than a missionary with 500hp and FAR longer than a gypsy with 500hp, due to healing power of clerics and missionaries.

I think the hp are fine as is - we don't see a bunch of badass gypsies and missionaries running around breaking the game due to this, do we?

If that happened I might have to start taking some fools out! Wink