Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
balance concerns
06-25-2015, 04:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015, 04:38 AM by Apok.And.Co.)
balance concerns
Ok - so there are a few concerns I have about game balance and I would like to make some suggestions.

Keep in mind most of these are from the perspective of the realm "lowbie" - I haven't reached the higher levels that some of you have- so this list may be incomplete.

1. "Combat" spells (i.e. combat expertise, mastery, etc.) - these, in my view, are entirely imbalanced (read: too powerful), and should be nerfed or, preferably, removed entirely. Priestly casters already have strong buffs as it is, there's no need to make them even stronger. And I say this as someone whose primary character has access to these spells.

2. Icingdeath - a magic 4, 1-h sword that swings faster than almost anything else, has a +3 crits bonus, BS/acc bonuses, ZERO drawbacks, AND is available in my 20's? Wayyyyyyy too strong.

3. Mystics - I know I may ruffle a few feathers with this, but these are my thoughts - mystics should not have double kai. They are already pretty strong without it. Double kai makes them able to perpetually run several buffs at once with no problems. It's overpowered. If you want to drop their chart to 200, like with rangers, that might work.... but doubling thier "mana regen" (which is effectively what kai is for mystics) at a 50% cost is too much, IMO. To illustrate this, imagine asking which classes in the game would take advantage of an offer to get DOUBLE mana regen for a 50% xp chart increase. I guaranteed EVERY ONE of them would jump (no pun intended) at the chance.

These are the things that seem out of balance to me so far. I don't pretend this is a complete list, and I would like to see others weigh in on these topics to see what they think.

So what say you, other players & sysop?
06-25-2015, 04:53 AM,
RE: balance concerns
1. I made them strong to make magic-2 classes seem desirable to play. I will admit the +to damage is a massive op. A lot of my early edits where OP cause I was learning.

2. I do agree very first item. And it was made way over powered, but meant to fix it. And kinda slip thru the cracks. I have done a small nerf on it. Might have to look at it again.

3. I have to disagree most there powers are worthless cause of how short their durations and high kai cost. With low effects. Doubling my kai allowed me to only keep owl and mant running. Still using trol or my cure poison spell depletes my kai to nothing. 5 min later after resting I'm moving again. This is with triple kai since I got the enigma set. I really with I could keep trol or pres rolling.
06-25-2015, 05:54 AM,
With regards to #3, I think most mystic powers are SUPPOSED to be used as needed, rather than continuously. Mant shouldn't be a continuous power, for example, or pres, or trol. The continuous ones should be things like tige, boar etc. which are strong in their own right, but I don't think mystics were ever intended to walk around continuously buffed via the stronger kai powers, with the exception of the forms (which are the mystic answer to those continuous buffs).

Just my 2 cents.
06-28-2015, 07:57 AM,
I feel that with the combat spells that, If there is a nerf in the damage or a "cool down"/higher mana cost that it would balance it out.

My take on the Mystic 2x Kai regen is that my lvl 38 mystic is running mant, tige, and boar where i want to use the kai and when hes casual looping he runs through Kai to fast to keep up. The idea of them not suppose to be constantly buffed is accurate just to keep up with the higher damage classes they need it. The 2x Kai Regen is what gives them comparative to the other classes because everyone else has more things ment for them. Maybe a few high level lims for the mystic just needs more items to contribute to their loss in super stealth. Maybe introduce some casual class restricted items or so.
Don't mettle in the fair of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.