Ok so last night while watching what was happening with the server temps and trying to dump my data asap, I had copied the full server folder. Including the daily backups. Now the server went down again so after a few hours I asked to get it started again and my guy to copy the folder of the main drive and onto drop box or something. I figured the network copy would be a low cpu tax and not running any vm’s will help.
So he did this and sent me a link and I downloaded and proceeded to copy the server folder over and tried to run it. Thinking my day was gonna be a happy one and the board be running. And bam error! Bitching that it wasn’t 64bit compatible. So went through and tried to do compatibility mode and different things and no go.
So I said screw this lets throw up a new 32bit vm, maybe it was some add-on screwing me up. So I build a VM real fast throw in WorldGroup and test it and it runs. So I then put in the backup and a box flashes up and gone. So several hours later playing with different things and finding out the backup’s are bad. I get mud loaded but doing things I shouldn’t have to.
So I finally open up some of the files, and most of them are just blank files place holding! The damn backup never actually finished! So right now I have a valid backup from 7-15 that will allow the board to come up and be playable. That is 8 days of lost game time. Now I have a time set aside tomorrow night to sit down with my guy and work on the box and get this issue fixed. So I will try a data copy again to get the files I need to make the server run. And then I will put up the vm, while we try to get the actual box fixed.